I'm a photographer turned DSLR Video professional who recently upgraded to the Canon C100 Mark II. The camera has been amazing for my business and the clients we serve. The challenge is... it doesn't fit well in many photography bags.
I've been doing some travel recently for clients and I wanted a bag that could transport my C100 Mark II, a Canon 5D Mark III, lenses and gear and remain "fairly" portable. This bag fits in MOST domestic airliners UNDER THE SEAT in front of you OR in the overhead bin! I was on a flight to Memphis in June and took a small Bombardier Jet... On that flight I had to ask the flight attendant to put the bag in their locker towards the front.
I've been using the Cinebags CB-25B (http://www.cinebags.com/) now for nearly 2 months and LOVE IT! It's such a versatile bag that has a compartment and pocket for all my gear. Without dragging on... Here's a list of what I carry and some photos, along with a link to Amazon to purchase the bag (the best price I've been able to find and worth every penny). On top of it all, this bag is over $200 less than the ThinkTank or LowePro bags that claim to fit the C100.
Reach out to me if you have any questions or comments.
This bag is heavy when it's loaded down but here's what I carry in it on assignment:
Inside the main compartment:
- Canon C100 Mark II (with side grip mounted and top handle removed)
- Canon 5D Mark III (broken down with body cap and Z-Finder attachment)
- Canon 70-200 2.8L IS with hood and tripod collar
- Canon 580 EXii Flash
- Zegato Z-Finder
- Canon 50mm 1.4
- Canon 24mm 1.4
- Canon 24-105mm F4 IS (mounted to C100 Mark II)
- 12 AA batteries
- A Memory card wallet
- Ear plugs
- Sennheiser EW100-G3 wireless lav mic, transmitter and receiver
- Rode Videomic Pro
- Canon C100 Upper Mic/Grip
- Battery chargers for AAs, Mark III and C100
- A compact iKan 21-LED camera-mounted video light
- Business cards , a pen, and a Sharpie
- My 15" Macbook pro (I carry laptop accessories and charger in another bag)
- Rode Lav+ Mic for iPhone
- White Balance Card
Cinebags CB-25B with C100 Mark II in Main Pocket
Cinebags CB-25B - Top
Cinebags CB-25B Side 1
Cinebags CB-25B Side 2
Buy this bag if you do any travel and run a C100 - you won't be disappointed!